As many of us think, we are surrounded by social networks that come out of the blue everyday! Nevertheless, there is a reason why indie filmmakers should pay attention to Pinterest.
- In just one month (December 2011-January 2012), Pinterest saw traffic increase over 155%, and over the last 6 months, traffic increased by 4000%. As of this month, they had over 11 million unique visitors to the site and over 10 million registered users from all over the world.
- Statistics show Pinterest drives more referral traffic on the Web than Google+, YouTube, Redditand LinkedIn combined. The beauty of pinning photos/videos is they link back to websites, thus driving traffic. They are no follow links, so it doesn’t help with SEO, but any link that drives traffic to a site is good for awareness and conversion.
- Mainly, the site now attracts women in the age range 25-44 who love fashion, home decorating and family related products.
- Activities are based on images so rather than having to write a lot, you can simply post photo collections and they don’t even have to be your own photos! I think this is the highly attractive thing about Pinterest.
- The key for users doesn’t seem to be gaining followers, but gaining repins meaning they want to have people think what they pin is cool.
- It integrates with your other social accounts like Facebook and Twitter and hopefully Google Plus is coming.
I think filmmakers have to be aware of the importance of Pinterst for their business!!!